Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New friends...

A few weeks ago Xanderman was playing outside and found a bird's nest up in one of our trees! Needless to say everyday since he's been quite excited about it, always wanting to go look and see :0) Well a few of days ago while doing the daily scout we discovered that the little eggs had hatched and we now have some new little friends residing in our tree!!




There are 3 of the little guys in there and they've already gotten pretty big!! Everytime I touched a branch to the side to get a better pic they apparently thought I was Momma bird coming with their lunch because the above is the reaction I would get with each noise I made, CUTE!!

I don't know about you but we're really enjoying these little breaks in the rainy weather!! Hope you are too!!!!

5 comments:

Pambo said...

Baby birds are so ugly, they're cute. Great photos. I would have been too afraid to take a pic - never know when momma bird would come back and peck my eyes out. If you haven't guessed, I'm a little afraid of birds, except for doves. They are beautiful, sweet birds.

Taylor and Jessica Hagan said...

Those pics are awesome! How sweeet that you could get so close or at least get some close-up pics! Isn't it funny how we get so protective of weetle babies, no matter what kind of creature it is?

Jen said...

haha.. those are adorable..

Melissa said...

I love the last picture too cute.

Kina said...

Those are awesome pictures!! We have a momma bird and babies in our backyard too....and Pam everytime I look, that Momma bird tries to attack me. I am very scared of her!